As Technical Author, you will…
- Design and develop clear and correct technical documentation in a concise writing style.
- Own the creation and maintenance of SaleCycle’s technical product documentation, ensuring that all documentation for new features is delivered alongside the rollout of these features, and is kept up to date as these features evolve.
- Understand the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared
- Gather and analyse the information needs of the user.
- Perform style and structure reviews to ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
Essentially you will…
- Have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. If you have a question, you'll dig until you find the answer! If you recognize an opportunity to improve things, you take the initiative to make positive change.
- Have excellent active listening and interviewing skills.
- Have the ability to write and communicate in a range of styles and tones.
- Write clear, concise, complete, and correct technical copy, using structured writing.
- Have the ability to edit and apply standards to the work of others to give all documentation a uniform tone of voice.
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated. Constantly striving to improve information products and procedures for creating them.
- Comfortable working with lightweight mark-up languages, such as Markdown.
- Have a passion for excellence in communication. Strong ability to communicate in verbal and written formats.
- Be experienced in professional writing within a technology environment
We value our team. So, in addition to salary (dependent on experience), we offer great benefits and incentives to our employees which include:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Extra holiday for your birthday
- Semi-flexible working hours
- Relaxed dress code
- Free snacks and drinks all day, every day and free cake on payday
- The opportunity to work from one of our international offices for up to two weeks a year
- Free on-site parking