Role Summary, Software Engineering Team Lead, Brighton
SaleCycle is establishing a new Software Engineering presence in Brighton and is looking for an experienced Team Lead around whom the new team can be built. Based in modern offices a few minutes walk from Brighton station, you will be responsible with the CTO for recruiting, leading, motivating and inspiring a new team of highly experienced Software Engineers. You will help ensure that the new team works closely with the rest of the Engineers based in Durham and that together you achieve the needs of the business through continuous development and delivery of new and exciting products for both new and existing clients. Our Engineering team is highly skilled and they thrive on learning new technologies, improving the business and keeping us at forefront of the behavioural marketing industry.
This is a central role where you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering, working collaboratively with the Software and QA Engineers in our Durham office to deliver a global service to the business. We are all about development so if you have commercially programmed in a mixture of technologies, are willing to continuously develop yourself and your team; you will feel right at home. Your role will involve:
- Leading a highly skilled team of Software Engineers, ensuring that their needs are met by Product Management and they meet business requirements.
- Leading by example, writing high quality test driven code for a variety of behavioural marketing solutions; code which forms the backbone of the business.
- Assisting the Head of Engineering with effective planning.
- Continually developing yourself and your team, striving to become the best and expanding your knowledge.
- Reinforcing a culture of knowledge sharing within the team; learning from team members and mentoring where possible.
- Conducting analysis of current systems and processes, gathering data on possible improvements to help create an ever more effective service.
- Working closely with internal teams (Primarily Product Management) to ensure that we are able to meet the requirements of the client’ solution and deliver high quality effective products and services.
- Acting as technical liaison to business owners and product managers as they build out requirements and perform feasibility studies.
- Providing ad-hoc technical support to other areas of the business, sharing your technical expertise in an accessible manner and helping to maintain an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
- Participating in Agile development lifecycle.
Your Personal Skills
As a Software Engineering Team Lead it will be your role to collaborate with the wider business, delivering solutions to meet the requirements of our clients. This requires a strong technical skillset and personal attributes to develop yourself, improve existing functions and educate others, and as a minimum you will need to
- Be a natural leader, with an understanding that leading by example is not the same as leading from the front.
- Have humility to effectively lead engineers who may be technically more skilled then you.
- Be driven to learn new technologies and work with a variety of languages.
- Have passion for finding simple solutions for complex problems.
- Be motivated to get the best out of others and yourself.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of being responsible for a high performing team.
- Have confidence in your team
Sounds like you?
If you would like to join our new Software Engineering team in Brighton, send your CV to email@example.com
**We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status or age.**