Role Summary, Software Engineer, Brighton
Do you want to work for people who care about technology the way you do? Are you keen to be part of a new team that can demonstrate deep expertise and a desire to learn, working on streaming data solutions with modern technologies such as Java 8, Go, Node, React and AWS who are proud to share experiences at the latest tech meetups?
SaleCycle is establishing a new Software Engineering presence in Brighton and is looking for experienced Software Engineers to form a new team. Based in modern offices a few minutes walk from Brighton station you will learn and grow with fellow experienced engineers who are excellent at their craft, as well as mentoring and seeing talented junior members of the team grow alongside you.
We work in small teams that are self-managing and motivated by delivering rapid and visible business benefit. We thrive on collaborating with our peers to find the solution together. Based in Brighton, your team will work closely with the rest of the Engineering function located in Durham and you will be made to feel like part of the wider Engineering team. SaleCycle gives engineers autonomy and technical ownership within a flexible environment where culture and innovation are key to a team who genuinely believe in their product.
Do you feel like you're building software just for the sake of it right now? Do you believe in what you do? Do you love what you do? Why not join a business moving forward where you will contribute through your deep technical understanding of one or more modern development languages, with a focus on TDD, and see the positive effect your efforts have upon the success of the business.
SaleCycle has a start-up style, open plan offices that create an environment of fun and energy. Join SaleCycle where we believe in collaboration within the engineering team and want you to help to make the decisions, and not just to be told what to do.
SaleCycle offers plenty of the usual perks, however we feel that our engineers should have:
- A working environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and professional development.
- Flexibility in the languages they use, we encourage creative freedom and learning. We believe it’s about creating innovative solutions, not what has worked in the past.
- Training and Development, staying ahead in the industry doesn’t just happen and we have to take the time to make sure you get the right training and development.
- Industry standard certifications, we encourage our engineers to continually learn and apply this to gain certification
In return we are looking for full-stack engineers who:
- Are happy being part of a small, mixed discipline team that owns their entire stack. As a team you will be delivering features that may consist of multiple backend and frontend elements, alongside creating any infrastructure your feature requires.
- Who know that testing and monitoring is part of the deliverable. Everything we deliver needs to have in place automatic testing and monitoring so that we know everything is working as expected.
- Have commercial Experience in Software Engineering / Development role
- Have proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Node.js / Java / Golang/ C#, or any JVM based language
- AWS stack (DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR)
- Frontend development frameworks (we use React and Redux but experience of any others is also useful).
- Infrastructure as code (e.g CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt or Terraform)
- Have a working Knowledge of Git and are comfortable having their work peer-reviewed and peer-reviewing others work.
- Continuous Delivery experience
- Experience working with any Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem would be beneficial
- Have knowledge of Apache Spark, Apache Ignite and/or Apache Flink - this would be advantageous, however not essential.
Sounds like you?
If you would like to join our new Software Engineering team in Brighton, send your CV to email@example.com
**We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status or age.**