Role Summary, QA Engineer (Business Intelligence), Rainton Bridge, Tyne & Wear
We’re now looking for an QA Engineer, with a passion for quality control, to put their problem-solving capability to the test (see what we did there...) with our cutting edge, cloud-based platform. Our technology scopes across the AWS stack; this is an unprecedented opportunity to be a critical part of something special!
- Work with an established test / quality department, conducting vital testing of our reporting and business intelligence capabilities
- Working closely with the wider business, as well as the Tech Team you’ll belong to, you’ll conduct thorough requirements analysis to ensure the functionality of our platform meets their needs
- Working in an fast-paced environment, you will define, code and action functional & integration tests to establish the effectiveness of the reporting capability and data quality, feeding real time results back to the Technology team in a credible and organised manner
- Identify areas best suited for automation and create your own automation tests to make sure your tests are as efficient as possible
- Be an active part in the overall QA and tech team processes, sharing your expert testing knowledge on existing and new functionality
Your Professional Skills
You will be required to hit the ground running and draw on appropriate experience to contribute to the team. As the best fit for this role you will have:
We need you to...
- Have a background of software testing or QA with preferable exposure to a variety of automation tools
- Be well versed in running SQL queries and statements
- Exposure to Business Intelligence, reporting or dashboarding is desirable.
- Have some exposure to the principles of ‘Big Data’ and the technology platforms behind the principles
- Be keen to broaden your knowledge, utilising cutting edge technologies such as NoSQL and AWS
- Understand the risks and governance surrounding data security and privacy
- Be naturally methodical, analytical and precise with a focus on quality, not quantity.
What we offer
SaleCycle offers plenty of the usual perks, however we feel that our engineers should have:
- A working environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and professional development.
- Training and Development, staying ahead in the industry doesn’t just happen and we have to take the time to make sure you get the right training and development.
- Industry standard certifications, we encourage our engineers to continually learn and apply this to gain certification
Sounds like you?
If you would like to join our Data team, send me your CV or give me a call: Email: Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0191 5007454