- Lead QA Engineer, Rainton Bridge, Tyne & Wear
We’re now looking for an experienced Lead QA Engineer, with a passion for quality, to put their problem-solving capability to the test (see what we did there...) with our cutting edge, cloud-based platform. This is an unprecedented opportunity to be a critical part of something special! As a Lead QA Engineer, you will lead a team of QA engineers to enhance an established QA function. Through mentoring and/or coaching, you will bring the best out of your team's abilities and enable them to achieve their aspirations. You will work with the rest of the engineering team on testing best practices and identify areas suitable for automation. To do this you must be proactive and have a hands-on approach. It will be your role to collaborate with the product team and the wider business, delivering solutions to meet the requirements of internal stakeholders and clients. This requires a strong technical skill set and personal attributes to develop yourself, and your team, improve existing functions and educate others.
- As Lead QA Engineer, you will…
- Lead and enhance an established QA function, conducting vital testing of our ever-growing platform & services
- Work closely with the product team and the wider business, as well as the Tech Team you’ll belong to, you’ll conduct thorough requirements analysis to ensure the functionality of our platform meets their needs
- Have accountability for the QA strategy of future improvements including but not limited to tooling and processes
- Work in an agile environment, you will define, code and action functional & integration tests to establish the effectiveness of the platform functionality, feeding real time results back to the Technology team in a credible and organised manner
- Create and potentially code automation tests using up-to-date tools to make sure your tests are as efficient and reusable as possible
- Be an active part in the Agile environment that our teams of Software Engineers work in, sharing your expert testing knowledge, best practice and consistency across teams
- Have experience in testing full end-to-end integration testing whilst utilising APIs for data interrogation and assertion
- Have experience in testing Web UIs, specifically around usability.
- Be able to work closely with the other Engineers and Operations teams for various non-functional testing including Load and Stress testing of our infrastructure.
- Essentially you will…
- Be a natural leader, with an understanding that leading by example is not the same as leading from the front
- Have humility to effectively lead engineers who may be technically more skilled than you
- Be driven to learn new technologies and work with a variety of languages
- Have passion for finding simple solutions for complex problems
- Be motivated to get the best out of others and yourself
- Enjoy the satisfaction of being responsible for a high performing team
- Have confidence in your team
- Be experienced in software testing and QA with preferable exposure to a variety of automation tools
- Be keen to broaden your knowledge, utilising technologies such as JIRA, Github and a variety of AWS services.
- Be naturally methodical, analytical and precise with a focus on quality, not quantity
- Be hands-on, maintain automation tests and carry out exploratory testing
If you would like to join us as a Lead QA Engineer, please send your CV and covering letter to Jordan.McHugh@salecycle.com