Front- End Engineer, Rainton Bridge, Tyne & Wear
Our Engineers work in small teams that are self-managing and motivated by delivering rapid and visible business benefit. We thrive on collaborating with our peers to find the solution together. As Front-End Engineer, you will report in to one of our Software Engineering Team Leads and work closely with our UX Design Manager, contributing through your deep technical understanding of one or more modern development languages, with a focus on creating an engaging, intuitive user experience, you will see the positive effect your efforts have upon the success of the business.
As Front-End Engineer, you will…
- Work in a new team to help create and maintain a Design System which will serve our new web applications.
- Act as the bridge between Design and Engineering.
- Provide a keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- Challenge our designers when the opportunity to improve the user experience arises
- Help create an engaging, intuitive user experience within SaleCycle
- Create code that is clean, accessible, easily maintainable and well documented as part of the new Design System
- Work with React JS to create a component library accessible to the rest of our engineers to speed up workflows, maintain standards and consistent design
- Maintain a strong understanding of user-centred design with an iterative approach to evolving our web applications
- Deliver big data visuals focussed on business intelligence/insights
Essentially you will…
- Have an advanced level knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
- Have experience with a variety of languages
- Have a good understanding of CSS methodologies
- Have a good understanding of task automation using the likes of Gulp/Webpack
- Have a strong knowledge of working with a JS framework, ideally React JS
- Be experienced in working with front end frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Be experienced in working collaboratively with Designers and Engineers
- Be experienced in working collaboratively with version control, in particular Git/Github
- Be experienced in working in an Agile environment
- Have knowledge of D3JS, Tableau, Looker (desirable)
- Be motivated, proactive with a desire to succeed
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be driven to learn new methodologies and technologies
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Have a passion for finding simple solutions to complex problems