Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you will...
- Have the opportunity to build, maintain and evolve our AWS estate, taking your AWS experience to the next level; allowing you to focus on doing it right and doing it well
- Take responsibility for all aspects of SaleCycle’s infrastructure and service lifecycle, adapting and improving as necessary to keep our online services available, performant and secure
- Participate in and evolve the 24/7, 365 incident management service, ensuring defined standards are met when handling incidents and ensuring the impact to the business of service outages is minimised
- Be responsible for the evolution of an excellent monitoring system, allowing the business to anticipate issues and respond to them appropriately before they become revenue-affecting
- Establish and manage effective relationships with internal and external teams and stakeholders to ensure the Operations team consistently delivers the required value to the business
- Share knowledge and experience with the rest of the team and our wider technical community
We need you to...
- Be passionate about new ideas, creativity, change, learning from failure and being brave
- Bring experience of running production services in AWS without being constrained by the way you’ve done things in the past
- Be a leader of people through leading by example and supporting others to succeed
- Care about work every day, because that translates into caring for the people within our organisation and those customers who trust us with their remarketing solutions
- Be a heartfelt and genuine advocate for SaleCycle, and challenge anything which prevents you from loving what you do
The person we are trying to find - someone who...
- Has decided that if they are going to be at work they are going to make it count with energy, enthusiasm and a desire to achieve clever things.
- Genuinely wants to come into work, love what they do and get paid for it.
- Has a natural love of technology and is passionate about broadening their own knowledge and capabilities as well as the people around them.
- Can evolve alongside the pace at which technology improves the traditional operations paradigm, so we can leverage the latest innovations.
- Is most comfortable collaborating and sharing knowledge with other teams, to enable them to deliver for the business.
- Is able to work flexibly as part of a team to support a global business to avoid and resolve issues as well as realise opportunities.
- Is proactive in creatively solving problems either to prevent or mitigate an impact to the service.
- Is able to work in a focused & confident way when under pressure of a service incident.
- Is able to communicate and collaborate efficiently, effectively and confidently with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Is happy & confident to challenge others and be challenged in the pursuit of excellence.
- Is happy to try, fail, learn and try again.
- Understands the need to deliver value incrementally.
Interested in applying?
For further information on our business, please visit our website or contact me directly for an informal discussion or any questions.